harrisonkrdg1011's Blog

What Have I Really Been Looking At?

October 3, 2010 by

All my life, every night, I have looked at the moon.  It is one of those things that you do not think twice about.  It is there, and always will be.  A white ball in outer space.  As I have been growing older, I have began wondering, why is it there?  What would happen without it?  Why is there only one?

In eighth grade earth science, we are learning about the moon and a lot of my questions have been answered.  We are assigned to observe the moon periodically.  You start to notice changes that you have never thought s_full-moonabout.  Obviously, the phases change, which has always been obvious but I never knew why.   I have noticed how slightly the phases changed night to night.

I love looking at and drawing the moon.  Sometimes it is frustrating when it is too cloudy to see but I got over it.  I hope to continue to learn new things about the moon all of the time!

Picture from here

Posted in Science | tagged , , , | | 1 Comments

One Response to ' What Have I Really Been Looking At? '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' What Have I Really Been Looking At? '.

1.    Susan Dupre said,

on October 22nd, 2010 at 3:18 pm   

I had a moon journal for my college classes. Ben and Hannah would walk with me (moon walks) and I would journal what I saw. The best part was the quiet time to talk or just think. I will always remember my moon journal and moonwalks with my kids. I am glad to see that we have more in common than being “the middles.”
    Aunt Susan